- A four-year college degree can have a tremendous impact on an individual, a family, and a neighborhood or community. It changes everyone’s trajectory and opens doors that otherwise did not exist.
- Statistics continue to support the additional life-time earnings for individuals with a four-year degree as opposed to a two-year degree or a high school diploma only.
- In 2016, employment rates were continually higher based on the level of education.
- The employment rate for 20-24 year olds with a college degree or higher was 88% compared to only 69% for the same age group with only a high school diploma (NCES, 2016).
- Relationships developed while in college can last a lifetime. Faculty members become mentors and classmates become business partners and colleagues.
- Diversity in ethnicity, gender, religion, worldview, ideologies, socio-economic status, hometowns, etc. all converge on a college campus and add invaluable depth and richness to one’s education. The more diverse the campus and classroom, the better the education.